- After handling the owl bears that had been attacking supply lines, Tolgrith suggests that the party investigate Mist Lake, who’s waters periodically turn poisonous. While the keep has enough fresh water to manage, if the vale is to ever be fully developed the lake will need to be cleansed.
- Upon arriving at the lake, the party investigates for magical auras, eventually discovering a magical shield in a bone pile reclaimed by the lake shore. Banic recognizes the bones as dwarven, and surmises that this was the site of a historical battle fought between an expedition force from Highhelm and barbarous mountain men.
- As the party prepare to make camp for the night, an ominous fog rolled across the lake and onto the shore. Out from the lake came the shadowy figures of a company of dwarven warriors. Upon the cliff face overlooking the shore, shadowy figures of hulking barbarians appeared from the fog..
- The party attacked the barbarians wraiths, and while the wraiths incorporeal forms blunted their weapons, the party overwhelmed the shadowy figures despite the enervating attacks of the wraiths.
- As the last barbarian wraith fell, a single dwarf stepped forward from their formation, produced a sword and stabbed into into the damp earth of the lake shore. With this, the dwarves vanished back into the lake, their spirits finally given rest. This act purified the poison waters of the lake, securing a permanent water source for the Bloodsworn Vale.
Kite Co. Pathfinder Team Best: Naoto, Kanji, and Teddie
2/22/2015 Session Summary